By Meghan Cass
Move over, sandals! September is here, and it’s time to make room in our wardrobes for this season’s comfy clogs!
No doubt many comfortistas out there have long been on the clog bandwagon, but thanks to the current 1970s influence on fashion, this retro-chic shoe style is having a renaissance! Today’s comfort clogs run the gamut from sporty and modern to feminine and refined, while some closely reference their vintage European heritage (think real wooden soles and earth toned-leather). We rounded up some of our top picks for fall, and our best tips on how to make wear them with style and grace:
- Orthaheel’s Melissa Clog is a soft, sweet take on the clog look. In addition to its alignment-enhancing design, it features an artsy floral-embossed upper and comes in a romantic wineberry hue. And you gotta love low maintaince – simply wipe the leatherette upper with a damp cloth and they’re as good as new.
- The forward-thinking designers at Born have taken the of-the-moment motorcycle boot and reimagined it as the ruggedly chic Darly clog. Darly’s full grain leather upper boasts crossover harness straps and comfort elements including a shock absorbing outsole.
- For a more streamlined silhouette, try the Abby clog by SoftWalk. Its elegant lines, geometric collar design and contrast topstitching are timeless and understated. Cushioned foam footbeds makes them supremely walkable.
- BOC by Born Concept (the brand’s more trend-focused line) presents the Debra clog, a classic style with an antiqued silvertone ring strap and 2’’ faux wooden beveled heel. This is a clog that would make 70’s style mavens melt! (For ladies looking for serious heel height, check out the Born Darden clog with its 4’’ platform heel and goldtone studding!)
Comfortista’s Clog Styling Tips:
- Choose cropped pants or roll your cuffs to show off your clogs’ funky, organic shape.
- Go barefoot with slip-on styles for a natural, effortless look.
- Clogs evoke a casual lifestyle; pair them with relaxed fabrics like denim and canvas, easy bohemian skirts, and classic pieces like trench coats and shirt dresses for best results!
Do you have clogs in your closet? Tell us why you love them and how you wear them!